Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 3/ Mirror, Mirror on the wall

I wasn't very happy about the way week 2 ended.  I usually love Saturdays because it is the last day in my training schedule.  I can check that week off the schedule and move on.  But this Saturday, not so much.  When I woke up I felt like someone had literally thrown a medicine ball at my head then went and picked it up, set it on top of my head and wrapped duct tape around it.  That's how I felt the majority of the day.  Finally at 4pm, I gave it up and decided to take the day off.  Totally disappointed!  I ruined my perfect record.  Up until I was slapped upside the head with what I think was the start of a sinus infection, I had a perfect running "attendance".  But whatever, things happen....move on.

Today is Week 3. Tuesday. And I have 3 miles on the schedule.  I could tell from the moment I woke up, it just wasn't going to be my day.  I went to bed late because I had to take a quiz (which had technical problems so it wasn't available at the time I was planning).  Then the baby was off her morning schedule and I had to write a paper.  Are you seeing the pattern here?  I need my schedule.  If I plan for something to be a certain way, I need it to happen that way or I don't cope well.  I finally finished my paper and was STARVING because I hadn't eaten since 7 am and it was now 1pm.  I did the big no-no.  I overate.  My eyes were bigger then my stomach and I just kept eating.  I only had a short window left to complete my run because Greg had a client and had to leave.  So, I hung around for a half hour or so and decided to get it over with.  I knew when I was lacing up my shoes it probably wasn't going to go well.  About a mile in, it had become evident that lunch was on its way.   When I got back home I had completed 1.5 miles.  Tomorrow is my day off but instead I will complete the other 1.5 to get back on track.

Since I have a grown up date tomorrow night with my love, I decided to shop.  Yep, I said shop.  If you know me, you know that one of the things I despise in this world is shopping.  I am not your typical "girly girl".  Why do I hate shopping you ask....MULTIPLE reasons.  But today's reason.......MIRRORS!  I entered the dressing room with the few items I had chosen.  3 tops and 2 pair of shorts.  I tried one of the tops, I thought "eh, cute but note sure I could hide my bra straps". I tried the second top, "cute color but kinda cuts me off at the waist".  I figured I would try on a pair of shorts next.  I get them on, look in the mirror and say aloud, "who wants to see that'? With impeccable timing, my 4 month old laughed.  Obviously she agreed.  What is the deal with shorts these days?  Girls, let me tell you something.  If I can see the fake-bake tan line under your butt cheeks........your shorts are TOO SHORT!  I am almost 33 years old and have given birth to 2 kids.  My shorts need to be at my finger tips.  I am saving a lot of people, including myself that image.  Which brings me back to the mirrors.  I did NOT appreciate the image that was staring back at me.  I was feeling much better about myself when I walked into that store then I did when I left.  Needless to say, I didn't buy anything and on my drive home was wishing I had completed that other 1.5 miles. Those thighs of mine could use to have burned those extra calories.  Moral of the story.....if you're feeling like slacking on the training.....go shopping..... and actually look in the mirror!



No comments:

Post a Comment