Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 2

Today is Wednesday 04/02/2013

Last week was Easter and I finished up the  week with a new "PR" (personal record) of 11:16.  Well, it's something to shoot for again.  But it won't be for awhile.  Why?  The spots and the dizziness are a little unnerving.  I pushed myself way to hard.  I was losing track of why I'm doing this (other then the camera). To cross the finish line.  I need to condition myself for long runs.  Not try to win the record for the fastest mile. Not that a time of 11:16 would win.  If I go into a race in high gear, right out of the gate, I'm not going to make it far.

So far, I have 7 miles in this week.  Today was another 3 miles or you could say pretty stinking close to a 5K.  Last week when I ran 3 miles, I struggled.  Today, not so much.  Unlike last week, I ran first thing in the morning.  And instead of doing the same lap 3 times, I changed it up so I wasn't so bored.  I jogged the first 2 miles without stopping....yep, you read that right......WITHOUT STOPPING!  Thankfully, mile 2 ended as the dreaded hill,( we'll call it "mini zilla" because it's father "Godzilla" is in the other direction) started.  That's the first and only time I walked the entire 3 miles today, finishing with a 12:58 pace.  Yeah, I'm not going to win any races but its better then when I started. 

Tomorrow is a 20min run, off on Friday and Saturday is another 2 miles.  Finishing me off with no less then a 10 miles week!  I wouldn't have imagined those words coming out of my mouth 2 weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment